Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
pdelacruz
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Pablo De La Cruz

Feature Request: Veeam Agent for Windows

Post by pdelacruz »

Hi,
Hopefully this feature can be implemented on a near future release. We would like our Veeam Agent for Windows 2.1 to be able to backup our Oracle database (using application aware guest processing) in which the logs are configured on both local volume and also remote shared location (\\remoteserver\share1\log).

So far it is working perfectly fine when log is only specified locally to the oracle server.

Thank you,
Pablo De La Cruz
CUNY Graduate Center, New York
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request: Veeam Agent for Windows

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Pablo,

Veeam Agent for Windows supports application aware backups for Oracle databases. Can you please clarify your setup? Thanks.
pdelacruz
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Pablo De La Cruz

Re: Feature Request: Veeam Agent for Windows

Post by pdelacruz »

Thank you Dima P.
I have two (2) Oracle databases with different log configuration.
DB1 - Log is defined local on the Oracle server itself - Server A
DB2 - Log is defined/configured to point to both local (Server A) and also a remote (Server B) shared folder (\\Server B\share\log)

The Veeam backup job is configured to use Guest Application-aware option to backup the log every 60 minutes
The point-in-time restore option is only working for DB1 but DB2 is not providing point-in-time recoverability. I can only go back to the "regular" schedule backup (let say last night 9:30pm).
For DB1 I can see available restore point up to the last hour (9:30am today).

Regards,
Pablo De La Cruz
CUNY Graduate Center