Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
eolsen@trg.net
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Olsen

Feature Request: Veeam agent for windows

Post by eolsen@trg.net »

I am using the purchased version for veeam agent for windows and have a couple of request that I would think to be basic functions of a backup software. I am backing up to a local USB drive on the servers but want to use Backup and replication console to manager the backup jobs. I cannot see if the job failed or was successful. I would think this would be a standard feature of backup and replication. Can the agent not send the information to the console. The only way to verify success or fail is to remote to the machine and pull up tha agent or look at the storage to see if something was backed up. This is a problem when it is the CEO's laptop and I don not have access to his machine everyday to verify that the backup was successful. Also when the agent is being managed by system administrator the email portion is greyed out and the agent does not send a success or fail email. I was really looking forward to this agent but it does need some work.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Re: Feature Request: Veeam agent for windows

Post by Gostev »

Hello, this feature is available in Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 3. Thanks!
eolsen@trg.net
Lurker
Full Name: Eric Olsen

Post by eolsen@trg.net »

Tech support told me it wasn't possible unless you let the control software manage the agent. The problem is I am using a USB drive that is locally connected you cannot select the option to let control center manage the agent. I have to use locally connected storage because bandwidth issues between the remote site and control center. I and running update 3 and cannot figure out how to make this work. Please let me know how.
bubba1983
Novice
Full Name: David Boudreau

Post by bubba1983 »

I have the same issue as eolsen@trg.net but I am running the manage by agent on branch office servers. Currently there is not way to verify the integrity of the backup unless you restore the files from the backup into a different location and there does not seem to be a way to script the restore process using the windows physical agent. As well as if you manage it with Veeam backup and replication and using manage by agent the email notification portion is greyed out and you have to manually check each site if the backup was successful or not.

These are big draw backs as to why we are not switched over yet as to Veeam windows physical agent. The biggest one is the backup integrity as if this worked, I would purchase the agent and use it for all my physical servers for all branch office locations instead of backup exec.

Any ETA when this may get built into the software?