Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
macley

FEATURE REQUEST WINGET SUPPORT Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows

Post by macley »

Heya everyone!

netsonic (https://www.reddit.com/r/Veeam/comments ... &context=3) redirected me here to suggest the following feature:

To be able to use winget to install Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows.
I know there's a choco version, but i think it would be great to have it with the including package manager of windows :-). It'll make installation a breeze and i can just relay on one package manager instead of 2 (choco can't be used correctly in one go, which i want to strive for in the future).

I really hope this is something the devs/markting/team wants to put on their roadmap in the (near) future!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: FEATURE REQUEST WINGET SUPPORT Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows

Post by HannesK » 2 people like this post

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

I remember a conversation about choco which is why the choco packages are maintained by a vanguard. Looking at the success of choco packages, I will start the conversation again.

That can take some time, I will come back once I have a result.

Best regards,
Hannes
macley

Post by macley »

Thank you so much! Looking forward to your next message! <3
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
yes, it took some time...looks like you already left the forum, but anyway... result of the conversations was, that we keep the current way of delivering the software for foreseeable future.

Although we will track the demand for package managers as chocolatey, windows package managers and others.

Best regards,
Hannes