Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
nunciate
Expert
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: Alan Wells

Feature Requests

Post by nunciate »

I am sure some of these are already requested but I wanted to add my name to the list in case they are and request these if they have not been done yet.

Add the ability to remotely schedule jobs on End Points. Preferably the ability to create an End Point Job within Veeam B&R which allows me full control over the backup.
Maybe even the ability to deploy the End Point client when creating the job would be great as well.

With the above it would be great to be able to imitate or stop an End Point backup from the job in B&R.

Add the ability to choose a synthetic full roll up day. Much like normal B&R jobs we can select a specific day to transform the full and roll up the daily incremental backups.
This would be a nice add for the End Point jobs as well so we can more tightly control when a full backup is created.

Integrate End Point backups with something similar to a Scale-Out repository or with existing Scale-Out repository tech.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Requests

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Alan,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
ability to create an End Point Job within Veeam B&R which allows me full control over the backup
We are tracking this request, so thanks for pushing.
imitate or stop an End Point backup from the job in B&R.
In existing implementation, you can disable/enable VEB jobs thru the VBR console.
choose a synthetic full roll up day.
Coming soon.
Integrate End Point backups with something similar to a Scale-Out repository or with existing Scale-Out repository tech.
Coming soon too :wink: