File filters

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

File filters

Veeam Logoby vvilla » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:22 am

Hello.

I'm testing the file filters to perform a "File level backup", to include only some extensions like *.doc, *.docx and some others, excluding everything else.

I perform this including that file extensions in the "Include masks" filters and leaving blank the "Exclude masks". I suppose that is logic to think that if I specify a list of extensions to include in the backup, all other extensions not listed are not included, but I was surprised when, after performing the first full backup, all kind of files were included, from temporal files to exe files, none of them listed in my "Include files masks".

Is there any error in my configuration or is it a bug?

Thanks in advance.
vvilla
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: Vicente Villagrasa

Re: File filters

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:52 pm

Vicente,
Just to clarify, what was selected as a source - folder or entire volume in the file level backup mode? Were file masks added one by one, or all together? Thank you.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 440 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby vvilla » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:27 pm

An entire volume C:, because I don't trust that certain users to save files only on the desktop or documents folder as they should do...
vvilla
Influencer

Veeam Logoby vvilla » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:30 pm

By the way, I've added masks one by one, *.doc, *.docx, *.PDF... and so on, clicking the Add button after every one of them.

Thanks in advance.
vvilla
Influencer

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:55 pm 1 person likes this post

Vicente,
Got it! Yes, include option (Specify masks for file level backup) works only when you select the folder (or folders) and the backup is performed in the File level backup mode. When you are backing up in the volume level mode this option is ignored.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 440 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows