Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
tommyo
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times

File System Object Changes

Post by tommyo »

We have a video app that runs on a physical server running Windows 10. The app generates approx 3TB of data every month and we keep one years worth of data locally. We are required to keep two years of data from this system and I am able to accomplish this by replicating the data to a NAS device through the application. I am using the Veeam Agent to backup one month of data as well but it requires to much user intervention the way I have it setup. I need to change the File System Object on a monthly basis.

The app creates a new folder on the first day of every new month. For example:

D:\2021\07
D:\2021\08
Next month it will create D:\2021\09

I only need the Veeam Agent to get the current month, but how can I accommodate for the monthly changes without manually changing the File System Objects every 30 days? In other words, is it possible to have the agent get only 08 in August, only 09 in Sept, etc... Through a scripting process possibly? Thanks.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: File System Object Changes

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
what about naming folder "current month" and back up this?

Best regards,
Hannes
tommyo
Enthusiast

Post by tommyo »

Thanks but that wouldn't work since the app generates and requires the folder structure and folder names in this format.

I think what I need is a way to point the backups to the D drive but only get the last 30 days worth of new data.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

You can use Veeam.Agent.Configurator.exe and push updated XML with correct source path each month automatically with a script and Windows Scheduler.

/Cheers!
tommyo
Enthusiast

Post by tommyo »

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.