Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
dentaltech4
Lurker
Liked: never

Help Restoring Server 2016 AD DC Bare Metal

Post by dentaltech4 »

Hi guys, I am attempting to restore my main server onto practically identical hardware with only difference being the Hard Drives and Memory Capacity. The Restore target has more RAM and is using two HDD instead of SSD as is installed on the original. The restore process goes without any problems and I have tried multiple times with Incremental and Full back-ups. The problems arise whenever it boots up and then does something for a few minutes after it is fully booted up and then restarts. At this point when it restarts there is a blue-screen with error code 0x00002e2.

I looked up the error code and it has to do with a corrupt Domain Controller. My main system is running just fine and I am just testing my backups so I don't believe anything is corrupted. Is there something I am overlooking? The restore target machine is not connected to the network or internet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Help Restoring Server 2016 AD DC Bare Metal

Post by Dima P. »

Hello dentaltech4,

Can you please clarify was the recovery media created on the original machine? If there is a chance of drivers compatibility issues, I'd recommend to uncheck the box 'Inject drivers' under the Recovery Media > Tools > Load Drivers prior performing Bare Metal Recovery. Thanks!
dentaltech4
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by dentaltech4 »

Hi, the recovery media was created using the original server which is the exact same hardware wise except for memory capacity and storage medium (SSD on original and HDD on backup test). I have also tried the disabling of the inject drivers when restoring.

It seems to restore just fine but then upon first boot it does something for about 3 minutes and appears to boot normally and totally fine. It is upon automatic reboot that it will give me that blue screen and continued bluescreens on reboots.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thank you for the update! Can you please clarify if behavior remains the same while booting the machine in the safe mode? Any chance you have a case ID to share with us? Cheers!