Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
zadrian
Expert
Liked: 4 times

How to delay backup (when lappy boots up)

Post by zadrian »

I have set VAW (Veeam Agent for Windows free) to run at 1800 hrs & also run on next reboot for the lappy (approx 20 units). But currently as users work from home, the VAW job fails as it cannot see the VBR server (Veeam Backup & Replication).

However, when the users come back to the office on their next "on-prem" working day, the lappy gets a error from VAW as it cannot find the repository. However if we wait like 5 minutes, the job runs normally. I would think that there might be some delay to run the jobs if possible (probably delay in Windows connecting to Office Wifi).

1. Is there a way to set a 5 minute or even 30 minute delay after boot up (registry setting)
2. Is there a way to auto-run failed attempts after 5min (only once) ?
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: How to delay backup (when lappy boots up)

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi,

Just to clarify - do you have "When backup target is connected" checkbox activated in your agents schedule?

Thanks!
zadrian
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Post by zadrian »

Nope...I removed it as the job fails regardless and I thought it was the cause.

But I tested and the "reboot job" with the box ticked (if it missed the previous day job) also fails, reason is cannot find repository also.
Nils
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Nils Petersen

Post by Nils »

Have you tried setting the VAW service (VeeamEndpointBackupSvc) to delayed start? That might just give the rest of the system a head start.