How to install trial license

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

How to install trial license

Veeam Logoby rntguy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Hello,

We use VB&R, paid license. Trying to demo the agent for windows. The install used a free license. We got the trial key for either workstation or server, not sure but can't figure out where to install that license. I tried in the main VB&R license portal but said couldn't 'combine' licenses.

Hope this isn't a dumb question.
rntguy
Service Provider

Liked: never
Full Name: Rnt Guy

Re: How to install trial license

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:19 am

Hi,

If you are pointing VAW backups to a VBR repository you can't mix free agents with paid versions. In this part of the documentation you should be able to find how you can manage and install your license through VBR: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=20

Let us know if that doesn't work

Thanks
Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 362 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby rntguy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi, we are a managed service provider using a 'rental' type with enterprise edition. I went to install the license in VB&R and got back "Unable to combine licenses. please contact your sales representative"
rntguy
Service Provider

Veeam Logoby rntguy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:34 pm

It might be because the installed license was sent to my boss who sent it to me and has his name on it and the trial has my info tied to it. I'm going to try and get in touch with our sales guy.
rntguy
Service Provider

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Yeah, that might be best. I am not sure how a combination of rental licensing and trial licensing is going to work (if it actually will work at all...)
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, there is a knowing issue: trial agent license cannot be combined with rental Veeam B&R license. We are going to fix it in the upcoming update, meanwhile it should be possible to request a valid rental license via promo or setup a separate Veeam B&R FREE instance for agent license.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 441 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby Pat490 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:10 am

Mike Resseler wrote:Hi,

If you are pointing VAW backups to a VBR repository you can't mix free agents with paid versions. In this part of the documentation you should be able to find how you can manage and install your license through VBR: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=20

Let us know if that doesn't work

Thanks
Mike

But if all VAW endpoints are in free mode, than we can still backup to paid VBR repository, right? can we mix VEB and VAW?
Pat490
Expert

Liked: 24 times
Full Name: Patrick

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:13 am

If all VAW endpoints are in free mode then you can indeed target a paid VBR repository. However, mixing VEB and VAW is not possible because we had to make some logic changes in VBR to support VAW
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby Pat490 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:15 am

ok thanks
Pat490
Expert

Liked: 24 times
Full Name: Patrick

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows