Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
dimaslan
Service Provider
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Dimitris Aslanidis

How to remap jobs going to Cloud Service Provider

Post by dimaslan »

We are a service provider and we are testing a scenario, we have installed Veeam agent for Windows v6 on a server and configured it to go to a Cloud Connect server, but the storage we have configured for that Tenant is Wasabi. There is no performance storage before it.
So, the backup worked pretty well, the restore was quite slow, but the most important thing for me is in the scenario where the production server fails, say we re-deploy and need to reconnect to the backups, either to do a recovery of files or the whole server as bare metal.
Has anyone tried to configure a job directly to a Veeam Cloud Connect server and then have to reinstall the agent and remap it?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: How to remap jobs going to Cloud Service Provider

Post by Mildur »

Hi Dimitris

Mapping Agent jobs to object storage backups for continuing backup jobs will be possible in our upcoming release. Restore of files or bare metal recovery is already possible with the current version.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
dimaslan
Service Provider
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Dimitris Aslanidis

Re: How to remap jobs going to Cloud Service Provider

Post by dimaslan »

Fabian,

Thank you for your reply. To be clear, the Veeam Agent for windows job is not mapped directly to object storage. It's mapped to one of our Veeam Cloud Connect servers. The backup repository for that Tenant though is just object storage, not local storage nor a SOBR.
I tried to uninstall the agent and reinstall to see if I could configure it the same way but Windows was giving me some issues with uninstallation.