Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
CiscoNut2B
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Luis Chanu

Image Backup via Bootable ISO?

Post by CiscoNut2B »

Hello,

I just purchased a new laptop, and when it arrives, I'd like to take a "Virgin" image backup of the system before I power it on. The system has Windows 7 (64-Bit) installed on it. I am currently using Veeam Agent for Windows in a Veeam B&$ v9.5 environment on my current Laptop (Win 7 64-bit, in case it matters), and I'm wondering if it's possible to create a Bootable CD (ISO Image) that I can boot from on my new PC, so that I can take a "Virgin" image of the entire laptop before I power it on. Something similar to creating the image via Ghost, only via Veeam.

If Veeam Agent is not able to accomplish this, any suggestions on other products, preferably free or open source, would be appreciated.

Thank you!

CiscoNut2B
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Image Backup via Bootable ISO?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Luis,

Veeam Recovery Media does not provide image level backup functionality. You can install VAW and take standalone full backup (not affected by retention) of entire computer. Then you can use this backup as whenever its required to revert you OS to the original state.