Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
NetAdMBC
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Install to drive other than c:\?

Post by NetAdMBC »

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere - I searched and couldn't find it.

I'd like to install the Veeam Agent for Windows somewhere other than my C:\ drive, but that doesn't appear to be a choice - I launch the installer, accept EULA, and it installs on my system drive without asking for a location. I'd prefer it be on my apps driver D:\ - is there a way to do that?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Install to drive other than c:\?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello NetAdMBC.

Installation folder cannot be customized. Are you worried about consumed disk space or that the way you organize your applications? Thanks.
NetAdMBC
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Post by NetAdMBC »

Well, both. I generally want to keep apps off the system drive so that, say, a runaway log file doesn't shut down the OS for lack of space, etc. In this case, I was looking at my system drive and seeing the unmovable WinSxS folder grow, was looking for things to move off C:\ and buy some time while I plan to take the server down and adjust partition sizes.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Understood. You should not worry about VAW installation folder (it's requires about 300MB for installation). Just make sure that your repository is not located on system partition to avoid storage consumption. Cheers!