Is the RTM version already the production version?

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Is the RTM version already the production version?

Veeam Logoby tacioandrade » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:37 pm

Good night, I saw now that the RTM version of Veam Agent for Windows 2.0 came out, but one question, would RTM be like Release Candidate or is it already the final version that can begin to be used in homologation and production? It's just that I'm not used to the naming of versions of Veeam products.

Sincerely, Tácio Andrade.
tacioandrade
Enthusiast

Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Tácio Andrade

Re: Is the RTM version already the production version?

Veeam Logoby frankive » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:47 pm

+1

Will it be upgraded to GA automagically?
frankive
Service Provider

Liked: 86 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Veeam Logoby AlexLeadingEdge » Mon May 01, 2017 12:04 am

I suspect that no, it won't. Having the Beta running already, today I tried to run the installer for the RTM and it says that the Beta must be uninstalled before the RTM can be installed.

What I want to know: Starting a backup after installing the RTM, I see it has made an incremental based off of the last Beta incremental. Will I be able to restore with these two different backup versions or should I blow all my backups away and do a full backup just to be on the safe side?
AlexLeadingEdge
Expert

Liked: 13 times

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Mon May 01, 2017 8:21 am 1 person likes this post

All, please read the sticky announcement topic carefully, as it answers both questions.
1. GA may not be the same build as RTM in case major unexpected issues are reported by early adopters. Sometimes RTM becomes GA, other times we have the new GA build.
2. If you were running beta, you should make a clean install.

Big difference between BETA/RC builds and RTM build is that the latter is fully supported by our technical support.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2333 times
Full Name: Anton Gostev

Veeam Logoby vmniels » Mon May 01, 2017 8:34 am

frankive wrote:+1

Will it be upgraded to GA automagically?

If not then it will be a minor update to apply.
VCP-DCV
Veeam Certified Engineer
http://foonet.be
vmniels
Veeam Software

Liked: 322 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Veeam Logoby tacioandrade » Mon May 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Gostev wrote:All, please read the sticky announcement topic carefully, as it answers both questions.
1. GA may not be the same build as RTM in case major unexpected issues are reported by early adopters. Sometimes RTM becomes GA, other times we have the new GA build.
2. If you were running beta, you should make a clean install.

Big difference between BETA/RC builds and RTM build is that the latter is fully supported by our technical support.

I understood now, sorry for the unnecessary topic ..... Apparently in a few weeks will leave the final version, so better wait until it leaves before ratification and production.

I say this because I already have Endpoint 1.5 running in an environment and I can only change it when I go to a final version.

Sincerely, Tácio Andrade.
tacioandrade
Enthusiast

Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Tácio Andrade

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows