Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
collagenn
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: paolo barani

Issue with Diskpart during Bare Metal Restore using Veeam Recovery Media

Post by collagenn »

Hello,

I am attempting a bare metal restore using Veeam Agent 6.1 and have encountered an issue with Diskpart when following the process to convert an EFI partition to MBR. My goal is to restore a backup originally taken from a system with EFI onto a new system that requires MBR.

I am using the Veeam Recovery Media and have followed the standard procedure (https://www.veeam.com/kb2407)for preparing the disk, which includes using Diskpart to clean, convert, and create the necessary partitions. However, when I attempt to create a primary partition, I encounter the following error:

Diskpart has referenced an object which is not up-to-date. Refresh the object by using the RESCAN command.
I have tried the following steps to resolve this issue:

Running the rescan command in Diskpart.
Exiting and restarting Diskpart.
Rebooting the system.
Despite these efforts, the error persists. My specific questions are:

Are there any known issues with Diskpart in the Veeam Recovery Media environment that might cause this error?
Is there an alternative approach or workaround that I can use to prepare the disk for an MBR restore, considering the original backup is from an EFI system?
Could this issue be related to the specific hardware or disk configuration of the new system, and if so, what should I check or modify?
Any guidance or suggestions from the community would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your assistance.
collagenn
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: paolo barani

Re: Issue with Diskpart during Bare Metal Restore using Veeam Recovery Media

Post by collagenn »

I've used the Veeam Recovery Media to export logs related to a restore operation, and these logs are saved as a ZIP file (logs.zip) in the X: drive. Unfortunately, I don't have physical access to the machine (no USB, etc.) to transfer the file for extraction elsewhere.

Could anyone guide me on how to open or extract this logs.zip file directly from the command line within the Veeam Recovery Media environment? Are there any built-in tools or commands available in this environment that can handle ZIP files?