Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
GMBackup
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: GMBackup

It is possible to create a backup on shutdown?

Post by GMBackup »

Hi, I'm currently testing VEB and I would like to have the ability to create 2 backups... once at mid-day (12:30PM) and another one once I shutdown my PC for the day... Is this possible? if so, How?

Thanks.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: It is possible to create a backup on shutdown?

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi GMBackup,

No, that is not possible today. Can you explain me how you would see this because on the reasons we think this is not a good option is that we would need to keep the "shutdown" process alive for a longer period. If you are at the end of the day, and you want to go home with your laptop... Would you want to wait for x minutes until that backup finishes before you actually can?

To give you an example what I do... I backup my machine at 23.00. Which is in normal circumstances the time I am not working anymore. After that I finished the backup, I let it shut down the PC automatically. Is that an option for you? (or similar of course....)

Let us know

Mike
yosemity
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mikhail

Post by yosemity » 2 people like this post

Group Policy, shutdown action in cmd-file with "start /wait" option to "Veeam.EndPoint.Manager.exe /backup". Work only in Pro version Windows 7 SP1 and later.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Mikhail,

Thanks for sharing - it's a perfect idea.
GMBackup
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: GMBackup

Post by GMBackup »

@Mike Resseler: My reasoning is that I don't normally turn off my PC at a regular time... it really depends on what I'm doing, so, if I can just take a backup with all the info I created/generated at the end of the day that would be awesome... that would mean that I have a backup of my info at mid-day and info once I'm done so if anything happens I only lose half of a days worth of work.

@yosemity: I'll look into that, thanks!