Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
melexis
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

[FEATURE REQUEST] Job Progress of Veeam Agent in B&R Server

Post by melexis »

Hi,

we use Veeam Agent for Windows Free (V2.1.0.423) to backup some physical Servers and Clients to our B&R repository.
On our B&R Server (V9.5.0.1436) in console the progress of the agent backup jobs always stay at 0% until job finished. Is this bug or feature?
(I only speak about job progress, I know that statistics will be only updated upon backup job completion).
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Job Progress of Veeam Agent in B&R Server

Post by DGrinev »

Hi melexis and welcome to the community!

That's expected behavior.
Backup data processing handled by the manager on the Agent side, the progression result is sent to the server after the end of the task. Thanks!
melexis
Influencer

Post by melexis »

Hi Dmitry

thanks for your confirmation that behaviour is normal.
But would be great if at least the percental progress is updated regularly. Cannot be that problem to transport 7 bits from Agent to Server.
Can you add this as a feature request, please?
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

Thank you for the feature request!

In your scenario Veeam B&R is only a target, it seems to me logic to share the progression status after the processing executed on the Agent.
You can see a live progression of the agents jobs managed by Veeam B&R (available with the paid license), since the backup server is the initiator of the backup process. Thanks!
melexis
Influencer

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Job Progress of Veeam Agent in B&R Ser

Post by melexis »

No is not logic, I pointed out several times that I'm not talking about the summary/statistics, is clear for me that this can be only uploaded after job finished.
I'm speaking about JOB PROGRESS, the number normally counting up from 0 to 100%.

By the way, also the paid version of Veeam Agent in Workstation Mode does not count up the progress, it just switches from 0% to 100% when finished.
Only the paid version of Veeam Agent in Server Mode shows progress in time, but running Desktop Clients in Server Mode is (beside price reason) nonsense, because shut-off clients produce errors in Veeam B&R.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Job Progress of Veeam Agent in B&R Ser

Post by Dima P. »

Hello melexis,

I've added your vote to this feature request. Thanks for pushing!