Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
sullivas
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Leap Day bug?

Post by sullivas »

VEB is set to run nightly at 12:30AM on my workstation (running Windows 7x64). Last night's (rather, early this morning's) backup ran fine but I noticed this little bit of information when I moused over the VEB icon.

I'd suspect to see next backup as 3/1/2016 00:30, not 3/2/2016. I guess we'll find out tomorrow if it runs on schedule or if it will "leap" over 3/1. I did check a few of my physical servers running VEB and they all show the correct 3/1/2016 as next run, so it's not something across the board. Ultimately of course this isn't a big deal, just a quirk I noticed on this Leap Day.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Leap Day bug?

Post by Dima P. »

Hi sullivas,

Can you check how 'Backup no more often than' option is configured at schedule step? Thanks.
sullivas
Influencer

Post by sullivas »

Backup ran fine last night, tool tip today shows next backup 3/2/2016 (as you'd expect for today being 3/1/2016). The "Back up no more often than every" is set to two hours, which I'm pretty sure is the default.
sullivas
Influencer

Post by sullivas »

I just remembered something...yesterday while working on a completely unrelated problem (and also thinking it was somehow related to Leap Day, because that particular piece of software is that stupid it could have been), I set my date forward a day to March 1 for just a few minutes. When that didn't fix it I immediately put it back to the correct 2/29 date. Perhaps VEB picked up on that date forward change somehow? But if that's the case you'd also think it would've picked up changing the date back. And as you can see from the screenshot, the date was set correctly when I noticed the VEB tooltip.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks for the heads up. Might be, since it counts the local time and it was changed manually. How the things are going now?
sullivas
Influencer

Post by sullivas »

Everything has continued to operate fine, the problem was merely cosmetic.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Good – I’ll ask our QA team to pay attention to this date metric, so thanks for reporting!