Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
lmth
Novice
Liked: never

manually delete backup with veeam agent

Post by lmth »

Hi,

I am using Veeam Agent on Windows server 2016 with Veeam Cloud Connect repository.

Because of problems with free space, I want to delete the whole backup chain manually.

I have already try instructions from the website: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=40

I run cmd with Administrator permission then I run the command: "C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup\Veeam.EndPoint.Manager.exe" /deletebackup

But only what happens is that Veeam show window for configuring New Backup Job, there is no list of existing backups. Backups are configured on the same server.

Example:

Can you please help me and check what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards, Boštjan
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: manually delete backup with veeam agent

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Boštjan,

Can you please clarify if backup job is still aimed at the repository you would like to delete backup from? Thanks!
lmth
Novice

Post by lmth »

Hi, yes backup job is still active and configured on a repository and inside my program.

Example:

But the last backup has failed because of the free space problem.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Boštjan,

Thanks! Is the latest version of Veeam Agent for Windows (we currently have v4 available)? Can you please raise a support case and share the case ID with me? I'll ask QA folks to check.
lmth
Novice

Post by lmth »

We can close this ticket. Now I can delete veeam backup but I must go back in CMD to C drive and then enter whole command. "C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup\Veeam.EndPoint.Manager.exe" /deletebackup and then veeam show me a message If I want to delete backup from remote repository :). I am not quite sure where is the difference but it is working for me now.

Thank you all for your help.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

I'd cd to C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup\ and then type in Veeam.EndPoint.Manager.exe" /deletebackup command.

Thanks for the heads up and glad to hear that it's working as expected!