Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
rjwolf82
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Robert-Jan

Merging is taking very long

Post by rjwolf82 »

We are using VAW backup with Cloud Connect, SOBR with two Azure servers with multiple extents. We use Forever Forward Incremental.

Today three backup jobs for different customers were not finished yet and after checking I noticed it was still busy with merge, 9-10 hours in progress.
A bit strange because normally the merge is already finished when I check the backup in the morning.

I cancelled the jobs and retried them, and since 10:12, that was about 9 hours ago, it is still showing 'Merging oldest incremental backup into full backup file'

11-6-2020 10:12:34 :: Completing previously interrupted transform
11-6-2020 10:13:40 :: Merging oldest incremental backup into full backup file
11-6-2020 10:14:11 :: Resource not ready: Backup repository

Where can I see in the log perhaps at what percentage the merge is at the moment? I cant see that in VAW interface.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Merging is taking very long

Post by Dima P. »

Hello rjwolf82,
11-6-2020 10:14:11 :: Resource not ready: Backup repository
This might be related to the resource scheduling on the Cloud Connect repository side. I'd open a support case to ask for the debug log investigation from our engineers.
Where can I see in the log perhaps at what percentage the merge is at the moment?
Veeam Agent does not display the merge progress in the UI, only the time taken by the actual process. Cheers!
rjwolf82
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Robert-Jan

Re: Merging is taking very long

Post by rjwolf82 » 1 person likes this post

Hi, I have restarted the Cloud Connect server and now it merging normally.

I can also see the percentage now in the GUI, example, 15-6-2020 13:44:15 :: Merging oldest incremental backup into full backup file (66% done) [fast clone]
So somehow it couldn't really start the merge and that's why it didn't show a percentage. Problem solved.