Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
zano80
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Davide Zanichelli

Monitoring 30 Veeam Agent

Post by zano80 »

Good morning, I have installed 35 veeam agent for windows with essential license, I would like to know if there is a better way monitoring the bakup job. Now I recive every day 35 mail from each client.

Can someone Help me?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Monitoring 30 Veeam Agent

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I have three suggestions

1) use one job for all your agents with protection groups and just click on the "report" button in Backup & Replication GUI
2) Install Enterprise Manager and check the Jobs tab https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=100
3) Veeam ONE (is included in essential packages) the "Protected computers" report https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/r ... ml?ver=100

Best regards,
Hannes
zano80
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Davide Zanichelli

Post by zano80 »

thank you very much for replay. I don't install Backup & Replication GUI, is incluse the license? I need a server and so I can monitoring all?
For Veeam ONE, I suppose that is the correct product, but I'm not sure that it can monitoring client.

What you think is best way, considering that for me is the first installation?

Davide
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev » 1 person likes this post

Hi Davide.
Both Veeam Backup and Replication as well as Veeam One are available to you as a part of Essentials License - feel free to install both! Veeam B&R will give you centralized control over the agents (remote install, upgrade, configuration etc) and Veeam One will monitor and report status of protection for entire backup infrastructure.
/Cheers!