Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
CraigV
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: CraigV

Monitoring and Reporting for Veeam agent for Windows

Post by CraigV »

Hi Guys,

Just implemented Veeam Agent for Windows (FREE) to backup 4 desktops at a remote site and it's working really well.

I'd like to know what this version plugs into in order to get centralized reporting and monitoring of the environment. While I have individual emails coming through, a single pane of glass would be more preferential. Would this be done through Veeam ONE or Enterprise Manager?

Thanks!
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Re: Monitoring and Reporting for Veeam agent for Windows

Post by jmmarton » 1 person likes this post

This is coming in the next release of Veeam ONE, v10. The only thing I'm not sure of is if will report on the free edition of VAW or if it will require one of the paid editions (Workstation or Server). With centralized management coming in 9.5 Update 3, it may be worth purchasing the Workstation edition to get additional functionality anyways.

Joe
CraigV
Influencer
Full Name: CraigV

Post by CraigV »

Thanks Joe. I take it this will then be released some time next year?
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Post by jmmarton »

Yes, v10 is slated for next year.

Joe
patrickl78
Service Provider
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Patrick Leonard

Post by patrickl78 »

If you do need central monitoring we can provide it with Backup Radar as an option. We take inbound Veeam emails and centralize them in our portal. If you’re all Veeam then their portal definitely makes sense when it becomes available.

Patrick
gan321
Lurker
Full Name: Gabriel Carvalho

Post by gan321 »

Joe, I bought the licence Veeam Agent for Windows for my servers. Will be necessary buy licenses too to use Veeam One in version 10 for the monitoring and reporting of the Veeam agent for Windows or only the licence of VAW is enough?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Regular Veeam Agent for Windows license will not be enough for monitoring and reporting purposes. Unfortunately, I cannot share any details, as this request is being actively discussed right now with our management team. I guess the main point is that there should be a line for differentiating paid Agents and paid Agents you can report on, but this differentiation should not be significant.