Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
sps-tech
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jennifer Smith

Moved endpoint files created a new job??

Post by sps-tech »

I moved (copied) my endpoint backup files (all of them, vbk, vib, vbm) to a new repository. I then told my endpoint agents to use the new repository. I even rescanned the repo from the console. Still, when the next backup ran, all of the agents merrily created a new directory in the new repo, completely ignoring the existing one, and think they only have one backup saved now. (As an example, original job/folder was "backup_job_it-js", and it created "backup-job_it-js_1".)

Is there any way to, for lack of a better term, import the 'old' backups into the 'new' job? Or keep it from creating a new job/folder in the first place?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Moved endpoint files created a new job??

Post by Dima P. »

Hello

If that's a standalone agent (not managed by Veeam B&R server), then yes it's possible. Please refer to this KB article for more details and let me know if you need any further assistance. Cheers!
sps-tech
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jennifer Smith

Post by sps-tech »

Hey fantastic, wish I'd found that KB earlier instead of the one that just said "move the files, restart your job, everything is magic". :)

So for the jobs that I've already moved the files, and deleted the old files, and a backup has already run so I have two directories (one with old chain, one with new chain): how to best fix?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

It's safe to delete the newly created folder with full backup. Cheers!