Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
dffvb
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

[QUESTION] Multiple Jobs via CLI possible?

Post by dffvb »

Hello there,

I like Veeam a lot, and think its a shame there is no paid version for home users with multiple jobs other than B&R - I would pay for it, as long as it comparable to other backup solutions for home users. Because what I like about Veeam is its reliability and the ease of use.

To get to my question, I would like to perform a daily backup to a partition on my laptopt (mornings), and later the day (noon) I would like to perform a backup to an external ssd which then gets ejected.

Would it be possible to configure this via Windows task scheduler and command line? Or will I be doomed to one job forever?

Many thanks in advance
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: [QUESTION] Multiple Jobs via CLI possible?

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hello Dffvb

CLI requires you to provide the ID of a configured job. Only our Veeam Agent for Server Edition allows you to configure a second job to a local target.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=60

You may check out services from our service provider. Maybe there is one which provides backup services to Home Users. --> https://www.veeam.com/find-partner.html

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Nils
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Nils Petersen

Post by Nils » 1 person likes this post

If need be, you could shut down the service, copy the SQLite database, modify the copy and then swap them around to run one or the other job...
doktornotor
Enthusiast
Liked: 29 times

Post by doktornotor » 1 person likes this post

Huh. Wouldn't it be a whole lot simpler to copy the morning backup files to wherever you want (and eject when done)?
dffvb
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by dffvb »

Thank you everybody, I realized that via CLI you cant really add other jobs, other than a full backup to another destination, so I have gone for: Regular incremental backup to the external harddrive, eject, and a task scheduler job to the internal partition, which will be full backups... I will run out of space eventually, but better than nothing :-)
alea_acp
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: SANDRO T.

Post by alea_acp »

I had a similar problem with a client, I just installed the full community edition with a local job ed a second job to rotated USB drives, only advise was to add extra 8GB of RAM to the machine
Sandro T.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

I had a similar problem with a client, I just installed the full community edition
Yes. This allows you to use Veeam Agent for Server Edition. 10 free licenses are included.

Just one question. When you say client, are you referring to a customer?
Such customers must be licensed. It's against our EULA if any services (troubleshooting, consulting, implementation) are provided for a free Veeam product. https://www.veeam.com/eula.html (Chapter 4)
Such environments can be licensed by our Rental License. That license type can be used by our Service Provider to license such single Veeam Agents from your clients.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
alea_acp
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: SANDRO T.

Post by alea_acp »

I suggested only the use, I did not the real install or any support, the "client" did it all by himself, he just ask me a suggestion, like it was here in the forum.
Sandro T.