Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Novox
Expert
Liked: 22 times

Network locations aren't detected as "connected"...

Post by Novox »

I backup to a shared folder and have the backups set to run "When backup target is connected" however, the network is frequently not detected and "Next Backup at when backup storage is plugged in."

I have multiple endpoints that haven't backed up for days because of this... What am I doing wrong?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Network locations aren't detected as "connected"...

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Novox,

This could be different reasons. How are you doing this? So you have a schedule (only possibility when there is "Next backup at when backup storage is plugged in"? or are you also another schedule/ options?"
What most probably happens is that windows is not detecting this network share status change (which it needs to tell us).

The best way for us to see why nothing is happening is to work with support so they can dig through the support logs and see if something happens or not.

If you do, please post the support case ID here and the follow-up after investigation also
Thanks
Mike
Novox
Expert

Post by Novox »

Where are the support logs?

Also, I think I noticed on one computer that wasn't backing up, hadn't been rebooted in a while. I would have thought an always on computer would always see the network location, then fall back to the "Back up no more often than every XX Hour," then perform the backup every XX hours?

Thank you,
~Bill
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Bill,

This event is triggered when computer is connected to the network that has access to your repository (if your computer has constant connection to the repository backup won’t be initiated). Looks like after reboot your computer is reconnected to the network, so the event triggers backup job.
Novox wrote:Where are the support logs?
Logs are uploaded automatically whenever you submit a support case (Control Panel > Support > Technical Support).
Novox wrote:"Back up no more often than every XX Hour," then perform the backup every XX hours?
This option affects "When backup target is connected" backup event.
Novox
Expert

Post by Novox »

So for computer that aren't rebooted, how do I backup frequently, but not more often then every X hours?

I believe the default is "Back up no more often than every 2 Hours" so I want to effectively backup every two hours.

Thank you,
~Bill