Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
rockandroller
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Michael Walker

network resilience specification?

Post by rockandroller »

Are there specific bandwidth / availability requirements for Veeam Agent?

I occasionally get this 'network error' on just a couple of workstations (most have never ever had it)

Full backup file merge failed Error: Agent: Failed to process method {Transform.Patch}: An unexpected network error occurred. Failed to write data to the file

USUALLY the error is replaced a half an hour later with a 'retry success' report from the same workstation. But not always! I had one that failed around midnight yesterday, (one which did not report a subsequent successful retry) - and when I went to look at it this morning, the desktop had a message asking me to reboot after Windows Feature Update. ( rebooting it now). I'm wondering if it's got to do with a slow network link, or if it was just the workstation being overstressed by simultaneous windows update stuff going on...

PS after rebooting I see that Veeam agent sent a desktop notification : "The backup target is not available". (backup target is a NAS that should be available 24/7)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: network resilience specification?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Michael,

We do not have strict requirements (i.e. regular bandwidth connection should be more that enough). The error code looks very generic, likely is being translated to Veeam Agent job from Windows or SMB layer, so I'd recommend to raise a support case to check the debug logs. Once you have a case ID please share it with us. Cheers!