Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
kurbycar32
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

PE 10 Wireless support

Post by kurbycar32 » 1 person likes this post

Dear Veeam; you guys are awesome. I was creating my recovery disk for Veeam Endpoint Backup and it looks like your crafty developers baked in wireless support to Windows PE. This has been on my wish list of things to do for a while now due to some very specific devices we have on our network. I have read some articles on how to bake in wireless to PE4/5 but havent seen anything for PE 10. If any of your people could share the secrets it would be a huge help to my organization. We have enterprise B&R with support if that makes any difference.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: PE 10 Wireless support

Post by Dima P. »

Hello,

Thank you for the kind words – we are glad to hear you enjoy using our product! There is no secret in network adapter settings, we actually use the drivers received from the system while creating the recovery media – that’s it. Do you want to bake your own Windows Programming Environment media with wireless support on board?
kurbycar32
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Post by kurbycar32 »

You got it. I have a ridiculous number of Windows 8 tablet devices without built in wired NIC's that i need to manage including sending refresh images. I have some work arounds functioning right now but if I can get wifi working in my PE disk i would have more options to work with. My understanding is that even with drivers the wireless services and their dependencies are not enabled by default within the PE environment. I have almost no experience with PE 10 though. I did create a PE 10 DART disk and include the wireless drivers but it appears the wireless services are not included.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

To tell the truth we do collect the drivers that is the easy part. All the “windows like” UI and controls were made by our development team, so it only looks like native WiFi support, however, its Veeam’ s code. I am sorry to say that, but I doubt that PE has something like that – otherwise we used the build in components.