Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
doum
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Benoit Machiavello

Re: Physical Exchange Backups - DAG

Post by doum » Apr 05, 2019 12:39 pm

No problem detected on our side.

transaction logs are cleared on both servers

Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 833 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. » Apr 05, 2019 5:03 pm

Hello Benoit,

Thanks for getting back to us with the confirmation that proposed solution works for you. As I said before I've added all your votes to the feature request and will will discuss it with the team.

kloppo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Florian

[MERGED] Exchange DAG backup

Post by kloppo » Jul 15, 2019 10:40 am

Hi Folks,
I'm will backup a Exchange DAG Cluster with multiple nodes, each DB has 3 copies.
For my understanding I need to backup these DBs 3 times everytime wich will lead into massive data consumption. Is there a way to Backup only one DB copy per DB?
These are all physical servers, is there a way to Dedup the backup data after Backup without a Dedup Appliance?

Thanks

DGrinev
Veeam Software
Liked: 211 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Exchange DAG backup

Post by DGrinev » Jul 15, 2019 10:52 am

Hi Florian and welcome to the Veeam community!

You can protect your exchange DAG with Veeam B&R 9.5U4 but there is no way to backup only one DB.
Please review the discussion above as it contains related information about DAG protection. Thanks!

kloppo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Florian

Post by kloppo » Jul 16, 2019 10:23 am

Dima P. wrote:
Apr 05, 2019 5:03 pm
Hello Benoit,

Thanks for getting back to us with the confirmation that proposed solution works for you. As I said before I've added all your votes to the feature request and will will discuss it with the team.
+1 vote from my site

How is the Dedup effiiency on VAW backups? I need to backup 4 physical DAG Members, will they be deduped? All will be backuped in one single job.

Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 833 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. » Jul 16, 2019 1:58 pm

Florian,

Consider your vote being added to this feature request.
How is the Dedup effiiency on VAW backups? I need to backup 4 physical DAG Members, will they be deduped?
Whenever agent is managed by backup server and you use failover cluster job type regular Veeam B&R deduplication engine kicks in (since data for all the nodes is going to be stored within single backup file), so you can expect deduplication ratio similar to vm backup jobs.

P.S. Please keep in mind that workaround to protect single node with all the DB copies instead of entire DAG works perfectly.

victor.bylin@atea.se
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Victor

Post by victor.bylin@atea.se » Aug 19, 2019 10:31 am

Hi,

Regarding backup option to only backup the passives for DAG deployments is that feature in v10?

Best regards!
Victor