Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
marcozaro
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Marco Zaro

problem with scheduled backup

Post by marcozaro »

Good morning , i have installed VEB and setup a backup for entire computer to a shared network folder (NAS allways on) with a schedule only when the target will be connected no more often than 1 day.
i don't check daily at... because i don't know when these pc are powered on..
pc are normal desktop pc , but i have some strange behaviour: on one pc it never runs even if the pc is powered on , on another i have installed yesterday (with the target already reachable) so i expect it will run the day after but in this case after 2 hours i see on the target the .vbk file

please let me know.
Regards
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: problem with scheduled backup

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Marco,

Do these PCs have the same configuration/used in the same way? If the answer is yes, then please open a support case regarding your first PC. As for the second question, can you please tell me how long your backup job ran and what this setting ("Back up no more often than every") is set to?

Thanks!
marcozaro
Enthusiast

Post by marcozaro »

Good morning , both pc are desktop , one is lenovo and the other is dell computer with same windows 7 pro 32 bit , same antivirus joined at the same domain and used in the same way.
for the second question , i remember to have install it at 10 AM and i have found file in the target share dated 13.17 (only 9 gb) but these are not a complete backup because the user shutdown pc at that hour and normally a complete backup is about 25gb.
the other day backup finish at 9.51 AM but file is only 33 mega...and today i have another vbk file of 33 mega....i don't know why there are 2 vbk and not 1 vbk and 1 vib...
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Marco,

It seems like your second backup job didn't complete either. Do you see any successful job session for the second computer?

Thanks!
marcozaro
Enthusiast

Post by marcozaro »

yes now i see a 25gb of backup dated 9.51 plus another vbk file of 30 mega dated yesterday.
i have delete the second one because opening the vbm file and searching for vbk i only found the reference of this 25gb file , is it correct what i have done?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Manually deleting restore points is not recommended, it should be done by Veeam Endpoint Backup automatically when the next job run kicks in. Once you open a support case regarding your first question, please let us know your case ID.
marcozaro
Enthusiast

Post by marcozaro »

i have open the case and a technician told me at pc boot up veeam service start after the backup target is connected (because is a network share) so that's why the backup doesn't run...it suggest me to bypass the problem with a simple time scheduling...
it will be possible to give high priority on veeam service for booting up before other windows service?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Can you tell me your case ID, so I could take a look? Yes, you can give Veeam service a higher priority, however can you please tell me what priority does this service have on the PC that does trigger the backup job?
marcozaro
Enthusiast

Post by marcozaro »

Good morning , unfortunately i have deleted the email received from tech support , maybe you can search it with @tradexsrl.com ; i have open a case last week.
for the priority is setup as normal.
please let me know.
Best regards.
marcozaro
Enthusiast

Post by marcozaro »

id case is: 00976866
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Thanks for the case, I will discuss it with your support engineer.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Marco, can you send logs from the computer that does not start the backup job? I can only see logs from a single computer.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Marco, thanks for the logs. We have reviewed them and based on the logs we see that this event (destination storage availability) is captured. Can you please do this test for us?

1. Configure your backup job to start not more than 1 minute
2. Reboot the computer
3. Check if VEB backup job has started or not.

After that, please update your case with fresh logs from this experiment.
marcozaro
Enthusiast

Post by marcozaro »

Good morning , just come back from holidays.
I poewr up pc and now without doing nothing it started incremental backup....anyway i have done test requested and from the VEB GUI i have sent the log with ref to the case id.
should i update the the software to the latest release?
please let me know.
Best regards.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Welcome back Marco! It’s been a while since your last response, so I suggest you to update your Endpoint to the latest build (1.1.1.212) via auto update or manually and then to reproduce your issue. If you confirm the behavior again, please open a new case and update this thread. Cheers!
marcozaro
Enthusiast

Post by marcozaro »

forgot to say that setting up to run no more than 1 minute it start correctly after pc boot up
marcozaro
Enthusiast

Post by marcozaro »

Good morning , i have upgraded and left no more than 1 minute...first restart again the problem...i see on the icon that the backup was cancelled...but i didn't cancel the job...then i power off pc and power on , now it started after pc boot up.
i will send logs via ftp because your collegue closed the old ticket and open a new one: 01004026
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks Marco. Let’s await for the investigation results.