Processing finished with warnings...

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Re: Processing finished with warnings...

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:12 pm

Thanks Dave. I've forwarded your case, as well as the previous one, to the QA team.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 440 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby robbys » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Same issue with the HP Tools Partition. 2Gb large (1,99 actually) and 1,98Gb free disk space. But I get a warning.
I tried removing the driveletter it had, but that wasn't the solution. I'm on the latest RC build.

Aand....: I can't open a case. Every time I give in my mailaddress he says "Email address not Registered with Veeam. Register"
Clicking on the link Register does not work (I get the message: "Error! please try again late.. Retry).
I tried with setting different browsers as default browser.
I used the mailadres I have for this forum, I also tried the mailadres we have to log on as partner, and also tried a mail address of a client of ours.
So long story short, I can not create a ticket for this one.
robbys
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Robby Swartenbroekx

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:58 am

Robby, let me check with our web team on why a support case cannot be opened.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Robby,
The problem you posted will be addressed in the GA version. Regarding the support service problems – we identified the root cause of the failures and will correct it as soon as possible. Thanks for your help!
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:09 pm

Robby,
If you are still interested in opening a support ticket - all issues on the Endpoint support server side should be fixed by now.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby skanx » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:21 am

Same issue here, with the latest VEB version installed.
One of the HP-specific partitions returns a low disk space warning. On the same computer, other HP partitions also have low disk space, but VEB doesn't report a warning for them (which I assume is the expected behaviour). I will open a support ticket.
skanx
Novice

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:25 am

Once you do this, please let us know your case ID.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:53 am

skanx,
I am also interested in the size of the both partitions – any chance they are below 2 Gigs?
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby skanx » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:27 pm

Case number is 00888555.
HP_TOOLS, which doesn't raise a warning is 100 MB, HP_RECOVERY, which does, is 12 GB. Both are considered low on free disk space.
skanx
Novice

[MERGED] Feature request: suppress free space warnings

Veeam Logoby TommyB » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi,

I think this has been discussed in the beta phase already, but was not implemented for the final version:

I would like to have an option to suppress the warning "Disk xxxx (Z:) is running low on free space" for specific volumes, such as recovery partitions because they will never change in size or amount of data.

Currently I get a warning every day which is not only annoying but also creates the situation where I tend to ignore it and my run into trouble when a real warning situation may come up.

Thomas
TommyB
Expert

Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Thomas Braun

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:45 pm

skanx,
Thanks, we will take a look!

Thomas,
We’ve corrected warning notifications for system partitions like system reserved, UEFI or recovery partitions. If you still have such behavior, please, open a support case and we will investigate. Thank you for the suppress warning request – we will discuss it with the team
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:31 pm

skanx,
Thanks for your case it helped us to realize what enhancements we need to include in the next update. Since there is a VSS limitation regarding FAT volumes – the low free space for snapshot warning seems to be obsolete.

Meanwhile, I believe the source NTFS volumes still should have a low free space warning during backup process because when there is no free space for a snapshot backup will simply fail. Found the some highlights from MS KB (Troubleshoot VSS issues...):

“There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the storage location. Make sure that, for all volumes to be backup up, the minimum required disk space for shadow copy creation is available. This applies to both the backup storage destination and volumes included in the backup. If this occurs, besure that the following minimum requirements are met:
For volumes less than 500 megabytes, the minimum is 50 megabytes of free space. For volumes more than 500 megabytes, the minimum is 320 megabytes of free space. It is recommended that least 1 gigabyte of free disk space on each volume if the volume size is more than 1 gigabyte.”
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Previous

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows