Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
juliusv
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: julius

Protect control panel with password and hide it

Post by juliusv »

hello, I'm in environment where I must protect computer data, but can't do so without protect veeam control panel with password and hide it.

Thank you.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: protect control panel with password and hide it

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Please provide more details about your environment as there might a workaround.

Thank you.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Protect control panel with password and hide it

Post by Dima P. »

juliusv,

From the top of my head, it should be possible to set up two local accounts: one with admin permissions and another – regular user account. Install and configure VEB to run under admin account and leave regular user account to an end user.
juliusv
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: julius

Post by juliusv »

The PC has Win7 x64.
The Admin account is disabled, the Guest account is disabled too. This is default windows settings.
The PC user has his own account with Admin rights as this is required by used software.

However we do not trust the regular user as stupid as it can sound. The user is not a computer expert. We made hidden volume D: and setup veeam to backup the C: drive to this hidden partition.

However we must protect the veeam control panel from the user and hide it completely. Let veeam run in the background so to say.

This password protection feature is for example in NOD32 antivirus, and I think there is a way to hide it also, disable user frontend. Please is there workaround by registry hack or something.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Julius,
Have you tried the suggested approach of using two separate accounts?
This password protection feature is for example in NOD32 antivirus, and I think there is a way to hide it also, disable user frontend.
Counted as a feature request. Thanks