This was a life saver for me. The Veeam Agent was our on our Windows server image and was deployed. Each time I would configure the backup, the job in Veeam Backup and Replication console would change to the new server's name indicating that there was some unique ID it was keeping. I had tried uninstalling Veeam, uninstall all the SQL, deleting what I could in registry and using command prompt (administrator mode) to delete files in various locations for Veeam (Systemrofile, c:\program files\Veeam), c:\programdata\veeam, etc.). Nothing worked. I did recreatedatabase registry entry above and it worked. I noticed it changed it automatically back to 0 after restarting the service so did not have to do step 4. Thank you very much for posting this. It made my day.