Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
djhamp
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: doug hampson

Recovery media from console

Post by djhamp »

We have the full Backup & Replication 9.5 product. I am tasked with migrating some VMware vms to a Scale HC3. I installed Agent for Windows on a server, ran the Create Recovery Media & used that to migrate the server which worked great. My question is can I run the create recovery media from the B&R console somehow without installing the Agent on each server? I cant see any option to do that - thanks
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Recovery media from console

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Doug and welcome to the community!

You cannot initiate Veeam Recovery Media creation without Veeam Agent for Windows installed, since this feature was implemented specifically for Veeam Agent. Thanks!
djhamp
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: doug hampson

Post by djhamp »

Hi & thanks!

Guess I knew that the agent has to be installed - but I am wondering if I can manage things with the B&R console. I have been playing with the Protection Group which looks hopeful but fighting with various errors - one said it requires paid Veeam Agent license, we do have the full Enterprise Plus
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

You're talking about a Veeam B&R license, which is Enterprise Plus in your case, however, if you want to activate Agent Management feature you should install a paid agent license in the Veeam B&R Backup Server. Thanks!