Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
matthias5
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Matthias Holst

Recovery test: No Mouse, no keyboard

Post by matthias5 »

Hello,
yesterday I tested my recovery media. I tried a boot-CD and a boot-stick. Always the same: keyboard and mouse are inactive.
I tried different versions of the recovery-media. with drivers (recommended), without drivers, with network, without network. No changes.
The PC: Dell, Optiplex 990, OS: Windows 10, Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.2.0.589, free edition

Mouse and keyboard are connected via rear USB.

Has anybody a solution?

Thanks,
Matthias
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Recovery test: No Mouse, no keyboard

Post by PTide »

Hi and welcome to the community!

Although you've mentioned that you tried different variations, it is not clear whether or not the issue persists with any mouse and keyboard, and if changing USB port makes any difference. Have you checked if the mouse and the keyboard work with some other liveCD (ubuntu for example)?

Thanks
matthias5
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Matthias Holst

Post by matthias5 »

Hi,
I have no problems with live-CDs. All is working fine.
It looks like the USB will be deactivated. During the windows logo on the screen all is looking well. In the moment when the "rolling dots" are on the screen, mouse and keyboard are going offline (NUM-LED and LED of the mouse turn to off).
I didn't try other USB connectors.

thanks
Matthias
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

In that case please contact our support team directly so they can investigate. Please also post your case ID.

Thank you!