Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
dcm-ebb
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Edward B

request compression capabilities for free endpoint backup

Post by dcm-ebb »

I am using the free endpoint backup for a few key users. I am looking to get a compression capability, similar to what is available in Backup & Recovery.

Are there any plans to roll this out? I love the ability to integrate the free endpoint backup with the repository for B & R. Willing to pay for compression feature if that is what is necessary.

Any plans for a paid version of endpoint backup that will give additional capabilities?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: request compression capabilities for free endpoint backu

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Ed,
Welcome to community! Compression is enabled by default in VEB but it works per job.
Any plans for a paid version of endpoint backup that will give additional capabilities?
Sure. We will have a new Veeam Agent for Windows 2.0 (former Veeam Endpoint Backup) in Free, Workstation and Server modes with different sets of features.
dcm-ebb
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Edward B

Post by dcm-ebb » 1 person likes this post

I see what I was doing wrong with the backup. I had some extra drives on a few of the VMs so it looked like the backups were not compressing, when in reality they were filled with more data than needed. I did a fresh volume level backup and am getting same compression rates as with the machines I am backing up using Backup & Replication. I am a very satisfied customer, very much looking forward to see what comes in the next iteration.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Thanks Edward!

We are always happy to hear such feedback :-)

And feel free to use these forums to ask for enhancements or improvements. We are not promising anything, but we are listening (or better said... reading ;-))

Mike