Hi all, we had the same problem: "cannot connect to repository agent". After investigating the logs, we found out that there where some certificate errors.
Veeam support found out that this problem is because of the network setting in the CloudGateway at the CC site (we also control). We changed the settings in the gateways from "this server is connected directly to the internet" to "this server is located behind NAT", even our gateway's are not behind a NAT...
After typing in the FQDN/full hostname in the field, we finisched the wizard, tried the 'restore files' function in the WinAgent 2.0 and everything is working now.
(Reference case: 02318575)