Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jmc
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: jmc

Restore/Migrate volume autoresize

Post by jmc »

Hello, everyone,

I would like to migrate one laptop to another unattended. Unfortunately the hard disks are of different sizes, so I always have to manually determine the new partitions. Is there a switch or config entry that does this automatically? So just start Restore and that's it. Such a "QUITE" mode.

thx
Jeff
Everybody ask why the dinosaurs are gone - nobody ask why they are lived so long
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Restore/Migrate volume autoresize

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Jeff,

How do you plan to perform such migration? You plan to use Bare Metal Recovery, right? Thanks!
jmc
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: jmc

Post by jmc »

Yes Dima,

you are right. The background is, i need to recover up to 200 different lenovo notebooks from one master. the drivers etc are no problem, only that manual define the volumes are mad.

for that i search a way.

jeff
Everybody ask why the dinosaurs are gone - nobody ask why they are lived so long
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

If I am not mistaken Bare Metal Restore can allocated volumes automatically only if the target disk is clean (i.e. has lots of unallocated disk space). Your laptops volumes contain some pre-created partitions, right?