Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
wsellers
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: William Sellers

Restore MSSQL when backing up directly to Cloud Connect

Post by wsellers »

Hey everyone,

In my lab, I am backing up a Microsoft Windows Server w/MSSQL. The VAW is backing up directly to Veeam Cloud Connect ---- no Veeam Backup and Replication server. From the server I'm backing up, I can restore files, folders, volumes, etc --- with no problem. However, I have no option for restore "Applications" via a Veeam Application Explorer (SQL, AD, Exchange)

Any ideas? :) Thanks
Will
---
William Sellers
http://twitter.com/
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Restore MSSQL when backing up directly to Cloud Connect

Post by Dima P. »

Hi William,

There is no option to perform application item recovery on agent – you should use Veeam B&R. You can install Veeam B&R, connect in via tenant account you are using on an agent side, rescan the repository (backup files should appear). Then it should be possible to start File level recovery, locate the sql db and double click it to open Veeam Explorer.
wsellers
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: William Sellers

Post by wsellers »

Gotcha. So, in the case of Public Cloud ---- Where we aren't doing a Veeam B&R Server installation, I would just recover the MDB/LDB via the Veeam File Explorer --- and attach the database(s)? What about Table-level recovery? Is there a way to leverage the Veeam SQL Explorer through Veeam Accessibility Console, when it releases?
---
William Sellers
http://twitter.com/
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

I would just recover the MDB/LDB via the Veeam File Explorer --- and attach the database(s)?
Sounds good.
What about Table-level recovery?
Veeam Explorer can help but it goes with VBR.
Is there a way to leverage the Veeam SQL Explorer through Veeam Accessibility Console, when it releases?
I guess no, but lets check with Vitaliy S.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

We are planning to add self-restore capabilities down the road for VAC, but it will not be part of the upcoming release, since it is already in a feature lock state.