Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
AU3143
Lurker
Liked: never

Restricting Restore Operator roles for Physical Windows Agents

Post by AU3143 »

I have a backup environment that has a mixture of vmware VM's and physical windows and linux agents. In the backup enterprise manager the restore operator role can restrict backup privileges to specific virtual machines but there's not an option for physical agents.

What options/workarounds are there to be able to restrict specific users to perform restores for physical agents without giving them access to all servers and backup files?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Restricting Restore Operator roles for Physical Windows Agents

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community AU3143.

The option to setup granular permissions for agent backups will be provided in the upcoming Update 4. Meanwhile it should be possible to change the permission level from All virtual machines (which includes physical hosts) to selected virtual machines (and physical hosts should become excluded automatically). Cheers!
AU3143
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: Restricting Restore Operator roles for Physical Windows Agents

Post by AU3143 »

In my case I want to restrict some users to only access physical agent hosts and not the virtual machines. I'll keep an eye out for update 4. Thanks!