Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Equinox
Novice
Liked: never

[ID# 03912712] Samba Login Failure

Post by Equinox »

Hi there,

everytime my Backup Job starts or ends (Veeam Agent for Windows 3.0.2.1170) , it creates Samba Login Failures on my Asustor NAS AS6202T (latest Firmware 3.4.4.RAT2)
The Backup Job itself executes normal and finishes without errors, but the NAS sends me everytime about 11 Emails like this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a system event notification sent from PraxisNAS.

Event Level: INFO
Date: 12/15/2019 11:05
User: SYSTEM
Event: [System] "samba" login failure from IP "192.168.***.**" detected.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think there was an Error like this in the Past (read somwhere about it) but i can't find a solution for this

Thanks for your help (and sorry for my English :) )
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: [ID# 03912712] Samba Login Failure

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community Equinox.

Can you please verify that there is no mount points created on the affected machine? How credentials are set in the agent backup job (anonymous access or dedicated user)? Thank you!
Equinox
Novice

Post by Equinox »

Thank you for your Answer :)

Its just a shared Folder on my NAS. The Adress to it is like \\192.168.116.2\Backup It‘s an external Backup, connected via VPN.
The Access is restricted to a dedicated user. Credentials are set in the Backup Job Configuration. The Populate Button is working. So it should be working.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks for the details. Are you sure that this notification was created during actual backup job (and not during initial setup)? Cheers!
Equinox
Novice

Post by Equinox »

Yes i‘m sure 😄 I‘m watching this since the last update. Today i tried a new Backup Setup (in case i did a mistake) but the notification remains.