aaron@ARB wrote:1) Copy backup folder from original server to a VBR 9.0U1 repository. This part is is important, it wont work with any lower version. Now to do this you need to create a folder off the root of VBR repository in the format of %VBRHOSTNAME%_%VEB_TO_VBR_Username%. So, using mine as an example, my VBR host is called ARBBackup and the username that I enter into VEB to connect to the VBR repository is 'ARBComp'. So the folder that I create is called "ARBBackup_ARBComp" In that folder just copy the seeded backup directory. In my case the folder is called "Backup Job SADC1" so if my repository was located in F:\Backup I would have to create the following path "F:\Backup\ARBBackup_ARBComp\Backup Folder SADC1" which would contain the backup VBK and VBM files.
2) Re-scan the repository. The imported backup is now shown in the repository under “Backups -> Disk (imported)”
3) In VEB configure the jobs properties as before. In my case I am backing up the “Entire Computer” to a “Veeam Backup and Replication Repository”.
4) Select the VBR repository and set any other options you wish.
5) Select Save / Finish
6) Now at this point you NEED to see that the backup has moved from the Imported section to the normal Backup (Disk) section with the rest of your backups. If you don't see this then the seed wont work, it has to move.
7) Re-scan the repository. You wont see any changes here... just do it, as it updates the Veeam DB with metadata file, failure to re-scan will throw an error at the VEB end which will result in the backup not running at all.
Start the job
9) Checking the VEB job log you can now see that it is running in incremental mode
- Code: Select all
[21.04.2016 15:10:00] <01> Info Job session is running in incremental mode
10) Have a well earned drink.
Backup copy jobs processing Veeam Agent backups have one limitation: you cannot use backup mapping for Veeam Agent backups. As a result, if you have a full Veeam Agent backup on the target repository, you will not be able to use this backup as a "seed" for the backup copy job. The backup copy job will always copy the whole Veeam Agent backup chain to the target repository.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests