Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
daystrom
Expert
Liked: 8 times

Seem to be missing the Full backup file?

Post by daystrom »

I don't understand what I'm seeing for one of the current backups that I manage.
Backup settings:
Entire Computer, local storage
Keep backups for past 14 days when the computer was running
Create synthentic full backups periodically is turned off
Create active full backups periodically is turned off (I will be turning this on)

What seems odd about the files is that I have daily incremental backups going back a while, but no Full backup other than one that was performed yesterday. Doesn't that seem wrong? Without a full backup to start from, aren't all the incrementals useless?

Also, when I tried to create a support ticket for this it prevented me with "You don't have an active evaluation license for this product." Previously I was able to create low urgency support tickets for the free product. Is it true that this is no longer possible? This issue is made more imperative by the message that appears on the forum here when making a new posting:

POSTING AN ERROR OR TECHNICAL ISSUE?
You must include support case ID, or your post will be removed

If I can't create a ticket, my forum post will be removed???
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2284 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Seem to be missing the Full backup file?

Post by Mildur »

I think, you are looking at the Changed date of the full backup file.

Change Date will be yesterday, because with“forever incremental mode“, everyday the oldest incremental point will be merged with the fullbackup file.
What‘s the complete name of the vbk file?
Is there a date in the name from two weeks ago?

Also try a file level restore, you can see all the restore points from the last two weeks. Everything should be fine :-)
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
daystrom
Expert
Liked: 8 times

Re: Seem to be missing the Full backup file?

Post by daystrom »

You're right about that it was the date modified column. I don't understand 'forever incremental' mode, and don't see a setting for it in vagent. What I have now is a full-sized vbk backup created AND modified Jan 4, vib incrementals every day after that, and a full vbk that was created and modified yesterday. I can't understand the file that is from Jan 4, I don't have a screenshot but I didn't see it when creating the post yesterday. But it must have been there. As I interpret the current files, the Jan 4 vbk is associated with the following vib, and the new vbk is the start of a new backup set.

this is part of the job summary:
Local folder: J:\VeeamBackup\
Keep restore points for the last 7 days
Compression level: Optimal (recommended)
Storage optimization: Local target
Storage encryption: enabled
Perform backup files health check weekly on Friday
Daily at [6:00 PM]
Create active full backups weekly on Saturday