Setting Quotas on Repositories for different Endusers

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Setting Quotas on Repositories for different Endusers

Veeam Logoby FlorianS » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi,

I am testing the Veeam Endpoint Protection Client and connecting it to a test Backup & Replication Server - first thing i stumbled upon is :

Is there anyway to set a quota on a repository ?
I would like to create different Customers, each getting one Repository assigned - at the moment it seems that I can only set quota/ limits on the share i provide (like on the NAS itself) - it would be nice if I could set quotas for each repository or for Backup Operator users i created on the machine.

Anyway to achieve this ?
FlorianS
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Florian Schoppmeier

Re: Setting Quotas on Repositories for different Endusers

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi Florian,

You can set quotas only for cloud repositories (part of Cloud Connect functionality). As to limiting the size of the regular repository, then you can only do that only by setting quotas on the share etc.

BTW, can you please tell us a bit more why do you need that?

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1097 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby yamy125 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 am

Hi,

I just had this same question. In our case running a DR4100 backup appliance with CIFS shares. No way to limit CIFS container/share on the DR4100 I don't believe, so was hoping to be able to do it from within Veeam similar to how you can with CloudConnect quotas, but set at the repository level.

Relevant in our case for hosted clients on our infrastructure (a number in same datacenter) where we don't use CloudConnect, but still want a way to limit and account for their storage usage on the DR4100.

Hope the above makes sense.

Cheers
yamy125
Influencer

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Tom

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:30 am

Hi Tom, thanks for posting your request. Currently Veeam B&R repository does not have any quotas and there are no plans to add this capability, so Cloud Connect repository is the only way to achieve this goal at the moment.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1097 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby rct » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:02 pm

I would also be interested in this functionality as a core core functionality of B&R/VEB.
rct
Enthusiast

Liked: 1 time

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:01 pm

Nothing has changed since the last reply by Vitaliy. VB&R/VEB doesn't have a capability to set users' quotas on existing repositories. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 968 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows