Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Dirkdm
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dirk De Maesschalck

Single Sign On

Post by Dirkdm »

We are trying to implement Veeam Agent for Microsft Windows on our laptops, that are registered in our Windows domain.
Because we have a policy that the users have to change their domain password frequently I'm searching for an easy way to use Single Sign on the Veeam Agent.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Single Sign On

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome Dirkdm.

What repository are you going to use for your agent backups? Thanks!
Dirkdm
Novice

Post by Dirkdm »

The first step is to backup to a Shared Folder on a NAS device that requires Windows Authentication as security. As far as I can see I have to enter the domain credentials, username and password in the configuration of the Veaam Windows Backup Agent.
When I can configure the agent to work with single sign on then I have to investigate, for the sales persons that rarely enter the company, to backup to the cloud.
Dirkdm
Novice

Post by Dirkdm »

I'll have to say that I'm still testing in the Free version edition. Will it be possible in a licensed version ?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Dirk,

You can use computer account to avoid any account requirements even in free version. If you do not select the This share requires access credentials check box, Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows will connect to the shared folder using the NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM account of the computer where the product is installed. Will that work for you? Thanks!
Dirkdm
Novice

Post by Dirkdm »

Yes, that will work for me. Thanks !!!