Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
vnavna
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Steve Vujnovich

Surface Pro 4 Recovery with USB capabilities

Post by vnavna »

Is it possible to create a Veeam Endpoint Backup from a Surface Pro 4 template that is fully configured and deploy it to other new Surface Pro 4 tablets? I am attempting to boot from a USB device to recover an image that I have fully configured.

Thank you
vnavna
Influencer
Full Name: Steve Vujnovich

Re: Surface Pro 4 Recovery with USB capabilities

Post by vnavna »

You may disregard the previously posted question as I was successfully able to restore an image to a Surface Pro 4.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

And in less than an hour, apparently ;)
dreniarb
Novice

Post by dreniarb »

vnavna wrote:You may disregard the previously posted question as I was successfully able to restore an image to a Surface Pro 4.
Did you have to do anything special to get the Surface to boot to the USB? I've successfully created a bootable stick using Rufus and the recovery iso that Veeam made for the Surface. I'm able to boot to this usb stick on other machines but I cannot get the Surface to boot to it. I've gone into the bios and disabled all other boot options except usb storage but it just will not boot to the usb stick. Keeps going back into the bios. I even tried holding the volume down button while powering it on but it will not boot to this stick or any other usb stick that I know is working.

Thanks