Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
bahooo
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: bahadir selin

Synhtetic Full Back

Post by bahooo »

Hi,

As I tested, full backup of Veeam endpoint backs up just as Synthetic Backup. For example,
when I select 4 restore point, after 4th restore point, it adds last inc to last full backup. But I want to make only get new full backup (Not synthetic backup). But I couldn't find the option to change it.

Thanks.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Synhtetic Full Back

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Hi,
At this moment with VEB you cannot change this. We only have synthetic as you describe above. You can always make a standalone full if you want to (but that has no retention so you need to remove it yourself after some time) and with the commands you can even use task scheduler or similar to schedule it.

May I ask what your reason is to take a new full backup instead of a synthetic?

Thanks

Mike
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

True – there is not active full or synthetic full functionality in the existing version. The only option you have is to use a standalone full backup

The requested options, however, will become available in the upcoming major release. If you are interested feel free to watch the recording of product announcements here.
bahooo
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: bahadir selin

Post by bahooo »

Thank you for reply. Actually, we are currently testing the product. Right now, we are now using Retrospect but if we switch to Veeam, we would like to back up our physical servers data as well. So, now, I want to see bandwidth performance for full backup on every week. So, it will let me know estimated times.
Because, yesterday, I understood that it is backing up synthetic. just I wanted to make sure that I am not wrong:)

Thank you, we will look forward upcoming releases.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Bahadir,

So taking a Standalone full backup should give you that estimated time, as it is literally a full backup

Cheers
Mike