Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
techgirl
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Updated to 3.0.1 and can't do anything now

Post by techgirl »

Update from 2.-something to " 3.0.1.1039 free edition " via the Agent program itself.

The Agent shows me the details of the previously performed backups just as before (the bar graph). I note that there is no longer a link to "Configure" in the Agent, so I open that separately.

In "Configure Backup" I wish to verify that the settings were retained (backing up to a NAS share) it will not let me progress past "Destination" screen when I set it on "Shared folder".

It says " Workstation edition does not support multiple jobs to regular backup targets. ... can only point to ... cloud ..."

I note that the "Name" screen is new - it says Job and indicates it is a job created AT THIS MOMENT.
I am not trying to add another job, just to verify the existing job is still configured correctly after the update. How do I pull up the existing job information? For example, if I have changed the share password or to change schedule ?
techgirl
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Re: Updated to 3.0.1 and can't do anything now

Post by techgirl » 1 person likes this post

NEVERMIND! I have found in the Agent you cannot click job (that only shows you the bar graph) - you need to wait a few seconds for the fly-out menu to appear and then choose "Edit" to access the pre-existing job.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Updated to 3.0.1 and can't do anything now

Post by Dima P. »

techgirl,

Glad you nailed it! Indeed all the operation with backup job (perform ad-hoc backup/ edit / restore and others) are now displayed under job menu ( click main menu > point to the job and you'll see all available options). Cheers!