Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
b.vanhaastrecht
Service Provider
Liked: 154 times
Full Name: Bastiaan van Haastrecht

VAW 3.0.1.1039 release notes is missing important information

Post by b.vanhaastrecht »

Hello,

The release notes of VAW 3.0.1.1039 is missing what's fixed and whats added against the previous version. As deploying an update takes time and effort we need to determine if the new version is worth deploying.

Kind regards,
Bastiaan
======================================================
Veeam ProPartner, Service Provider and a proud Veeam Legend
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: VAW 3.0.1.1039 release notes is missing important information

Post by wishr »

Hi Bastiaan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

For new features please refer to the "What's new" article. You may also keep an eye on that thread for VAW updates.

Regarding the improvements, we are not sure you'd like to go through the fifty pages document mentioning what has been fixed - that's why it's not included into any of the aforementioned release docs. If you have a question about a certain issue of the previous version - feel free to ask. Just in general, every new version is worth deploying, especially if you keep your B&R servers updated (as recommended either).

Regards,
Fedor
b.vanhaastrecht
Service Provider
Liked: 154 times
Full Name: Bastiaan van Haastrecht

Post by b.vanhaastrecht »

Hello Fedor,

I ment the delta from 3.0.0.748 to 3.0.1.1039. The included hot-fixes, normal fixes, added features & possible change of behavior is not mentioned on those resources. This is actually the case of most Veeam software updates, but should be added for obvious reasons.

Regards,
Bastiaan
======================================================
Veeam ProPartner, Service Provider and a proud Veeam Legend
Mgamerz
Expert
Liked: 28 times

Post by Mgamerz »

I am of the opposite mindset. If you have 50 pages of changes, I would like to read them, to see if they solve any of the issues I may be facing. As it stands, when I saw the new agent version but literally 0 changelog, I had literally 0 incentive to upgrade to it. I am sure there are internal changes we don't need to know about (I am a developer myself), but when you fail to document or communicate the value of an update to the end user I don't see why I should update.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi gentlemen,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, it's appreciated. I'll leave the opportunity to comment to VAW Product Manager that is currently at VeeamON.

Once again, thanks for sharing your opinions!

Regards,
Fedor
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello folks,

Thank you for your feedback. I've noted you feedback as a feature request and will discuss it with the QA team. Cheers!