Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Eye-Q
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Ingo Wandel

VAW backup to Cloud Connect with Internet Proxy

Post by Eye-Q »

A customer of us has one physical Windows Server 2008 R2. The current backup is managed by the service provider of one of their applications, but that will be discontinued soon.

Since we are a Cloud Connect serviceprovider and have our own hardware in a datacenter we thought we'd use Veeam Agent for Windows to back up to our Cloud Connect. The customer's internet connection is managed by their provider as well though and no data can pass without going through a web proxy (I'm not speaking about the Veeam Backup&Replication Proxy but the proxy you are putting in your internet connection settings).
I didn't find any information about VAW and web proxy usage, and I didn't find anything in my local VAW installation, but that one is the free edition so I don't even have the option to configure a job which backs up to a Cloud Connect repository. Because of that I don't know if you're able to set a web proxy when you set up a backup to Cloud Connect.

TL;DR: Is it possible to set a web proxy when you set up a VAW backup to Cloud Connect?
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Re: VAW backup to Cloud Connect with Internet Proxy

Post by ejenner »

Could you set up a VPN to your network on the 2008 server?

It should give the option in the properties afterwards to set a proxy as the connection method.

Eye-Q
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Ingo Wandel

Post by Eye-Q »

Sorry for the late answer, I've been busy with other projects. :)

Such a VPN connection should be possible, but that's a dialup connection so it has to be initiated manually, for example after a server reboot, doesn't it?
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Post by ejenner »

yes, but you can automate those kinds of connections if you want to.