VAW Free and B&R 9.5 U2?

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

VAW Free and B&R 9.5 U2?

Veeam Logoby JoshuaPostSAMC » Fri May 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Is that enough acronyms in the subject?

With Endpoint 1.5 I could use the free edition to backup to my Backup and Recovery 9.5 server's repository. Now that Veeam Agent 2.0 is out, there is Free, Workstation, and Server, but from what I can tell, free is unable to backup to a B&R repository. Is that correct? So we must be using a paid support version to continue sending to our existing Veeam repository?

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=20
Managing Veeam Agent License NOTE:
If you have been using Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE with Veeam Backup & Replication, after you install the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows license in Veeam Backup & Replication, Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE will become unable to connect to the Veeam backup server and create backups the Veeam backup repository.
JoshuaPostSAMC
Expert

Liked: 15 times

Re: VAW Free and B&R 9.5 U2?

Veeam Logoby rekun » Fri May 19, 2017 4:50 pm

From what i understand you should still be able to use the free agent, as long as B&R is paid for.

So to wrap it up, you need either a license for B&R or the Agent, but both are NOT required
rekun
Service Provider

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Rene Knudsen

Veeam Logoby foggy » Fri May 19, 2017 4:54 pm

You will be able to backup to Veeam B&R repository with Free edition of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows. The statement above means that after installing its license into Veeam B&R, the previous Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE installation will not be able to do that. Here's the full editions comparison for Veeam Agent for Windows.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1054 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby JoshuaPostSAMC » Fri May 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks. When I look at the Agent itself, it says that licenses are managed by the B&R server, and on the B&R server I only have Workstation, Server, or Revoke. I haven't tried revoking a license yet to see what happens.
JoshuaPostSAMC
Expert

Liked: 15 times

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows