VAW free on core?

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

VAW free on core?

Veeam Logoby Justin-DynamicD » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:55 pm

So how do you configure backups on the free edition of VAW in Windows core? it doesn't look to have any command-line options yet if I'm running core I don't have a GUI to click through. I can install it easily enough with chocolatey:

choco install veeam-endpoint-backup-free

but then .... nothing. One my full boxes I get a little task-tray to click through, and the files exist even on minimal in "C:\program files\veeam\..." but those folders don't even get created and commands like "veeamconfig" that exist in Linux seem to be absent here.

So what are the options here?
Justin-DynamicD
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Justin King

Re: VAW free on core?

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi Justin,

Unfortunately, Core edition is currently not supported.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 482 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby Justin-DynamicD » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:49 am

well that's ... poor.

I've also noticed no cli seems to exist in on the windows version, nor powershell cmdlets? With no centralized deployment does the paid version at least supply these bare necessities?
Justin-DynamicD
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Justin King

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:25 am

Hi Justin,

The paid version will have two ways for centralized deployment.

1) Using the API's you can create your policies upfront and then use the deployment tool of your choice (GPO / SCCM / ...)
2) If you have enough endpoints, you can consider our newly Veeam Availability Console which will give you a tool for centralized deployment, discovery and so on
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 390 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows